The Plan requires Government to create an enabling environment for individuals and businesses to drive economic recovery and growth. Therefore, actions that support existing business sectors and attract new investment are prioritized in the Plan. Key priorities include:
- Getting Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) re-established through access to Government-backed loans, grants, and technical and operational support;
- Restoring essential services to facilitate the return to BVI of those in the financial services sector who temporarily relocated when firms implemented their disaster recovery plans;
- Facilitating the return of the well-respected Commercial Court to BVI;
- Assisting and incentivizing the tourism sector to return it to full strength;
- Streamlining processes and developing a new trade policy framework for the Territory to improve the attractiveness of BVI as a place to invest and do businesses.
- Expanding the TB Lettsome International Airport to support the rapid economic expansion and facilitate a more effective and efficient recovery following future disasters, should they occur.