The immediate focus is on quickly getting housing to livable standards and restoring our education and health facilities. In the short to medium term, the Plan seeks to restore the education and health infrastructure to a higher and more resilient standard, incorporating green and SMART technologies. In the medium to long term, priorities include:
- Rebuilding of the education infrastructure incorporating SMART technologies;
- Revising building standards to have a more resilient and safer housing stock;
- Expediting the planned construction of polyclinics in eastern and western zones of Tortola;
- Strategic investments in health infrastructure and technologies to support international accreditation and expansion of secondary and specialist healthcare services;
- An actuarial review to inform the future development of the National Health Insurance.