Homeowners and landlords in the Virgin Islands interested in applying for the Housing Recovery Assistance Programme are reminded to do so by May 31.
Applicants are required to provide the following documentation with their submissions:
- Proof of income such as a job letter or pay-slip
- A copy of National Health Insurance identification
- Proof of Citizenship
- Estimates reflecting repair costs
- Proof of land ownership such as a land deed, letter of administration or mortgage documents
- Proof of insurance (if applicable)
Landlord requirements are the same as outlined above, in addition to:
- Copies of lease agreements or 3 to 6 months of receipts showing rental income received
- Trade Licence for more than two rental units
The documents must be submitted along with the completed application form which is accessible online at www.bvi.gov.vg. Persons can also obtain application forms from the Housing Recovery Unit on the second floor of the old Peebles Hospital (Annex), Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or by calling 852-7746.